Frequently Asked Questions
Most of our content revolves around getting help with computer problems, but sometimes we get asked questions about the site or it's functionality itself.
And so we have a FAQ section.
Here are some of the questions we've been asked and our answers to them. If you have any questions about the site, get in touch and ask your question! If you've got other kinds of questions (such as how to do something with your computer/phone) or are looking for something else; get in touch as well and we'll point you in the right direction.
Questions and Answers about whatismybrowser.com:
- How frequently does the site check for new browser versions?
- Why is the location detection (based on my IP address) wrong?
- Why aren't Flash or Java detected?
- How do you detect my browser and settings?
- Why do you consider my browser out of date when I don't think it is?
- How can I use this detection on my own site?
- Affiliates, Partnerships and Services
- Please explain all the detection on the home page!
- What is your security policy?
Got a burning question? Ask us!
We're always happy to help people who need assistance with web browsers, computer security, the internet and being safe online. If you have anything that you're not clear about, just send us your question and we'll answer it for you.