Web Developers or I.T. Support need to know which web browser their client or staff are using. It's hard to help a non-technical person figure out exactly what browser and plugin versions they're using, so whatismybrowser.com does this quickly, simply and clearly for them, making your job easier.
This site's creation stemmed from a real world need; I needed to find out what browser set up one of my client's staff was using, however all the existing sites on the net that tried to do this displayed the information far too technically and with too much arcane user agent information for the average user who just needs to know the top line information.
This site aims to be as straightforward and user friendly for non technical users, extensive in its detection, and to still provide the extended information for advanced users who need it.
The detection algorithms used on the site are being updated daily to keep detecting new browsers as they are released.
Hopefully this site can help you with your clients; I love hearing success stories, so email me and let me know if it made your day a bit easier.
And a quick plug for my hosting company, I use Linode to host this site and I really do love them. If you need quality Linux hosting for your site, you should definitely check them out.
The WhatIsMyBrowser.com Mission statement
- to provide a tool which contributes to making web development and technical support as easy as possible
- to encourage users to use modern web browsers for safer and fuller web experiences
- second to this; to make web developers jobs easier by encouraging users to abandon old web browsers
- to provide the most clear and user friendly web browser and system detection website in the world
- to provide the most complete web browser and system detection website in the world
Thank You to:
Everyone who has given me constructive feedback, encouragement and love, especially my family and friends.
I use Bootstrap, SilverStripe, Symfony, Python, jQuery, the Internet and computers. Thankyou to everyone who made this possible.
This product includes GeoLite2 data created by MaxMind, available from http://www.maxmind.com.
And to everyone who uses this site: Thank you.